Patch 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar
Death to Garrosh! Death to Garrosh!
Congrats Blizzard, you managed to make an orc hated more than Sephiroth.
Five new world bosses are being introduced today, Ordos and the August Celestials (Chi-Ji, the Red Crane, Yu’Lon, the Jade Serpent, Niuzao, the Black Ox, and Xuen, the White Tiger). All four of the August Celestials share the same loot table, and drop ilvl 522 PVP gear. Ordos can also be found on the Timeless Isle, but to reach him and fight him, you must have the Legendary Cloak that you have been working on (or supposed to have been working on) all expansion.
Siege of Orgrimmar
The Raid will have 4 wings, and 16 bosses, all leading up to us killing the War Criminal, Garrosh Hellscream. Normal and Flex Wing 1 open today.
Patch 5.4 will connect low population realms into groups to form a single Connected Realm.Players from the other realms will be treated as if they were on your realm, so you can trade, raid, and join guilds with the other players.
- This solution gives all the benefits of server merges without having to give up your character or guild names.
- In the process of grouping low population realms, faction balance will be taken into account as much as possible.
- Connected Realms won’t be applied to all of the realms that need it on patch day, but will be applied to a small group of realms as a test first. If everything works well, it will be applied to other realms similar to the release timeline of Cross-Realm Zones.
Patch 5.4 will add a a new raid difficulty: Bring anywhere from 10 to 25 people to your raid and the difficulty will automatically scale.
- Works with battletags, so you can bring friends from other realms.
- Item level of loot (540) is between Raid Finder (528) and Normal (553) and loot is awarded with the Raid Finder style loot system.
- Separate lockout from Raid Finder and Normal, allowing you to do all three difficulties.
- Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider, will be able to be completed in Flex Raids.
Proving Grounds is a way for players to practice new specs and get better at their current spec in an environment that doesn’t inconvenience other players.
- There are four difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Endless just keeps getting harder every wave and your highest Endless score is stored as a statistic.
- DPS must kill of the enemy mobs in the time allotted while dealing with different PvE mechanics such as kiting and stuns.
- Tanks must protect a single healer NPC while dealing with different PvE mechanics like knockbacks and fire.
- Healers must keep a party of NPCs alive while dealing with different PvE mechanics like dispelling. Some of the NPCs even like to stand in the fire! (Bastards)
New Armor Sets, will also be made available, PVE, and PVP. Shamans are getting something unique and cool this patch. Since one of the bosses in the raid is a Kor’Kron Dark Shaman, Player Shamans are able to collect pieces of gear to transmog their own gear to that of the Dark Shaman if they choose to. The Cosmetic items will drop in Flex, Normal, and Heroic raids.
The final step in getting your Legendary Cloak is here. Wrathion will send you to the Timeless Isle to collect 5000 TImeless Coins. That is the first step. The second step will be to defeat one of the August Celestials. Upon doing so, Wrathion will give you the Timeless Essence of the Black Dragonflight, to upgrade your cloak to Legendary status. If not caught up, you can still collect Sigil of Wisdom/Power from all the Throne of Thunder bosses, and if you are further along, you can collect everything else from the first 8 bosses of the Siege of Orgrimmar raid.