Feast of Winter Veil is in full swing. The World Event runs from December 16th-January 2nd. If you are playing as Horde, head over to Orgrimmar and see what Great-Father Winter has for you. Likewise, if you are playing as Alliance, head over to Ironforge and see what Greatfather Winter has for you. You will spend most of your time in your respected capital city, in Alterac Mountains (where the Daily Quests send you) and in enemy capitals to work on achievements.
You can buy patterns and recipes from Smokeywood Pastures NPC’s.
- Pattern: Red Winter Clothes is sold by Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge;
- Pattern: Green Winter Clothes is sold by Penney Copperpinch in Orgrimmar;
- Pattern: Winter Boots is sold by Wulmort Jinglepocket in Ironforge and Penney Copperpinch in Orgrimmar.
You also have a chance at getting 4 pets from christmas presents under the tree on December 25th.
There is also a 1% chance of a Dagger dropping from the Daily. I got Miniature Winter Veil Tree last Feast, but no such luck this year.
The achievements for Winter Veil are:
- A-Caroling We Will Go (Alliance/Horde)
- A Frosty Shake
- BB King (Alliance/Horde)
- Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho’s (Alliance/Horde)
- Crashin’ & Thrashin’
- He Knows If You’ve Been Naughty
- Let It Snow
- On Metzen!
- Scrooge (Alliance/Horde)
- Simply Abominable
- The Winter Veil Gourmet
- ‘Tis the Season
- With a Little Helper from My Friends
You might have noticed that when you go into Inns, you see Winter Revelers. If you /kiss one of the revelers, 2 things are going to happen.
- You will get a Mistletoe debuff, which prevents you from kissing another Reveler for an hour.
- you get 1 of 3 rewards that you need to complete some of the achievements: Fresh Holly; Handful of Snowflakes; Mistletoe.
Fa-la-la-la-Ogri’la requires you to use Fresh Holly or Preserved Holly while doing the Bomb Them Again! daily quest in Blade’s Edge Mountains. When you complete the quest, you will get the achievement.
To finish Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho’s, Alliance players will need to obtain 8 pieces of Mistletoe while Horde players will only need 3. Then, players need to visit NPCs and use the Mistletoe on them.
- Alliance NPCs
- Brother Nimetz: Rebel Camp in Stranglethorn Vale
- Brother Karman: Theramore, just outside the keep, next to the training dummies
- Brother Joshua: Stormwind City, inside the Catedral, next to the altar
- Brother Benjamin: Stormwind City, inside the Catedral, walking on the right side as you enter
- Brother Cassius: Stormwind City, inside the Catedral, in the first room on the right
- Brother Crowley: Stormwind City, inside the Catedral, down the stairs on the right
- Brother Kristoff: Stormwind City, just outside the Catedral, next to the fountain
- Brother Wilhelm: Goldshire, outside the forge
- Horde NPCs
- Brother Malach: Undercity, at the War Quarter
- Brother Keltan: Icecrown, aboard the Horde airship
- Durkot Wolfbrother: Borean Tundra, south-west corridor out of Warsong Hold
The Daily Quest in Alterac Mountains is pretty much a Tank n Spank. The Abominable Greench has kidnapped Metzen the Reindeer. You have to go find the Greench, kill him, and talk to Metzen and he will return to Father-Winter.