A one mile boat race and 5K foot race to celebrate the life of Leif Eriksson and the viking way. Takes place on October 6th, 2018 at 9am in Charlevoix, Michigan. This event is a fun run to support F.A.C.E.S. Orphan and Foster Program. Participants can compete in both the row and run or just one of the events. One mile boat race goes from Depot Beach to Ferry Beach in Charlevoix. Participants will have to bring their own kayak/canoe and wear a USCG approved life jacket. The 5K will traverse along a paved road course in the city of Charlevoix. Cost of the event is between $25 and $30 depending on time of registration. Cost includes collectible t-shirt and swag from sponsors.
Event details and schedule
- Event Date is October 6th, 2018
- Row starts at 9am at Depot Beach
- Run starts at 9am at Ferry Beach
- Be at FERRY BEACH between 7AM-8:15AM if you are RUNNING ONLY to receive your race packet.
- Be at DEPOT BEACH between 7AM-8:15AM if you are doing the ROW portion to receive your race packet.
- Please bring waiver (if you have not mailed it)
Row event launches at Depot Beach. Rowers, please have someone pick you up at Ferry Beach so as to not leave boats at Ferry Beach Park for too long.
- Park at Ferry Beach for running event.
- No shuttle will be available to transport rowers back from Ferry Beach to Depot Beach so please do make arrangements.