Below is the official trailer for the Thunder King, the big bad of the 5.2 Patch. Many years ago he led the Mogu and subjugated the Pandaren.
With the new patch, NPC sharing is being introduced. When it comes to rare spawns, you can attack the enemy even if someone else has already started fighting it. Instead of it staying grey, you can continue fighting and even get rewards for killing it. By attacking it though, the enemy will get a buff that increases his health by 50%. If someone else comes by and attacks, it will increase by another 50%. This will work whether you are in the same group, or even the same alliance as the original person attacking. This won’t work on normal quest mobs,where you have to kill a certain number, it only works on the bigger ones ones that are usually named and have an icon on their unit frame.
As of now, there isn’t an addon or a timer for the rare spawns on the Isle of Thunder, but most of the time you can ask in general chat and someone (if they aren’t in a dickish mood) will let you know who is up. It seems to kinda go in a clockwise pattern, and once you down a rare the next one will usually pop up, and then they respawn within like an hour. So when you down Goda, it could then go Progentius, the Haywire, Ra’Sha, Ku’Lai, and end with Mumta.
- Goda is in diremoor swamp trying to get into a hollowed out tree
- Progentius is atop the highest mountain in Ihgaluk Crag
- Haywire is to the very south of him on the beach
- Ra’Sha is inide of a cave, guarded by two elites.
- Ku’Lai is west of him (and when fighting him, kill his bird first, then focus on him)
- Mumta on the roof of the huge structure near where you come onto the island
If you are warlock, then rejoice, this is the patch where you finally get your Green Fire.
There are also 2 new world bosses being released, Nalak and Oondasta. They both drop rare mounts, and item level 522 epic gear.
- Mantid Archaeology has been added, players will be able to find common and rare Mantid artifacts.
- The Lorewalkers Map, now randomizes all digsites in Pandaria, instead of just one.
- New raid and PvP blacksmithing recipes have been added, and can be found through daily research with Lightning Steel Ingots.
- Seasoned Blacksmiths will be able to find a way to create Lightning Steel Ingots once their realm has unlocked the Thunderforges on the Isle of Thunder. These ingots will allow blacksmiths to recreate powerful weapons from the past, updated for Mists of Pandaria. These power weapons will be bind-on-equip and making them will take a significant amount of dedication. (Makes me want to level a Blacksmith)
- For those of you that have a blacksmith, but haven’t kept up with leveling it, there will be a way to upgrade it (not cheap mind you) by visiting the Blacksmith in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. The Blacksmith will teach you plans that use Ghost Iron to make common household items.
- Players with a high enough fishing skill, will have the chance to fish up new pets. Check your Pokédex, err, your Pet Journal for where to find these elusive pets.
- Now introducing “Fish of the Day”. On any given day, there is a location in Pandaria teeming with a type of Pandaren fishing pool. Ben of the Booming Voice, in Halfhill Market will inform players where the fish pools can be found.
- Jewelcrafters will find designs for Serpent’s Heart, and uncut Primal Diamonds, as world drops now.
- Serpent’s Heart will be a daily cooldown, that uses multiple Serpent’s Eyes to create rare quality gems. There is a tiny chance that the player will discover plans for the Sapphire Cub and Jade Owl.
- To be able to use uncut Primal Diamond’s, you will need to use Spirits of Harmony and a shit load of uncommon gems.
- Patterns for Magnificence of Leather and Magnificence of Scales can be found via world drops. These will allow players to create Magnificent Hides more economically and share a daily cooldown. Leatherworkers will also be able to make new PvP armor as well.
- Leatherworkers also get to make a new Leatherworking bag, a 36-slot one at that.
- New raid and PvP recipes have been added, and will be found via daily Imperial Silk cooldown.
We also get to purchase our Farm, which is pretty cool as well. When you purchase your farm, Farmer Yoon joins the Tillers council, and you get a work order board on your farm. You can only purchase the farm when you are level 90, exalted, and unlocked all 16 patches.
Like with every new raid, it will come out in an orderly fashion:
- March 5th- Normal Throne of Thunder
- March 12th- Heroic Throne of Thunder and LFR Wing 1 “Last Stand of the Zandalari”
- March 19th- LFR Wing 2 “Forgotten Depths”
- April 2nd- LFR Wing 3 “Halls of Flesh-Shaping”
- April 16th- LFR Wing 4 “Pinnacle of Storms”
Isle of Giants
Don’t forget about the Isle of Giants, north of Kun-Lai Summit. Pretty much just head to the northern part of the beach and hop a flying mount to get to the island. The island is surrounded by some sort of magical mist, and when you get within a certain distance it drops you off your mount and you have to swim the rest of the way before you die from fatigue. The monsters there are all giant dinosaurs, level 90+ Elites. There is a flight path as well, so once you go and get it, you can just FP your way there instead of doing it manually. The island gives you the chance at a mount, but get ready to grind, because you need 9,999 dinosaur bones, and each dinosaur drops a random amount of bones (depending on the size), and each dinosaur has 3-9 million health on top of that. So that means that you will need to kill AT LEAST 2000 dinosaurs. The bones only stack up to 999, so you will also have to dedicate 10 slots to just bones.
Oondasta will also be here, but he will probably be the hardest boss in the game. Need at least 2 heroic raid 40 man groups, with a minimum of 490 ilevel to even have a prayer at having a slight chance of downing this bastard.